Friday, November 12, 2021

True wealth is the richness of the soul

Prophet SAW once said that, "Wealth is not in having many possessions. Rather, true wealth is the richness of the soul." (Bukhari 6446)

Countless times, as I walk pass the corridors of my university, I've always wondered why am I studying? Mountains of stress, classes, homeworks, assignments, all of that for just a piece of paper certifying that you've completed your studies. Why go through all the struggle? It's pretty simple, I'm Asian <: 

Jokes asides though, I think we've always grown in an environment where parents would encourage us to "belajar pandai-pandai" because at the end of it, we'll grow to be useful people, we'll grow to be one of the most powerful people, gamechanger, influencers, entrepreneurs and others. We're taught that if we get a good degree, we'd get a good job and all would goes well after day, because good job pays good, right?

The idea of this used to excite me so much, being rich, owning it all; because everyday I walk pass the corridors of my university, I've always envied a lot of my peers, coming in with designers, macbooks, iPads, etc. that it got to the point where I ignore the favours Allah has given me. I've got family, siblings, clothes, money for food and what more do I want to ask for? How could I forget that these are all worldly materials? The materials that you won't see or bring to the Hereafter.

Sometimes, we're so stuck to the reality that we forget that the Dunya is just a temporary stop that we make before heading to our permanent abode. This Dunya is a test, and although it does sound pretty good to own it all, what good is owning it all if your soul is no good? 

Moving back to the hadith, I believe that the richness of the soul means constantly feeding your soul with food; Quran and knowledge to name a few, is known to be the sustenance you never know you needed.


p/s: we're still taking admissions for your loved ones, head to our website for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment